These House Rules must be followed by all residents staying in the property (House) operated by ATNEST Private Limited. Any breach or violation of these Rules will amount to a breach of the Resident Agreement entered into by the resident with ATNEST and may trigger AtNest’s rights to terminate the agreement. These rules may be updated from time to time by ATNEST at its sole discretion.
- No animals and pets are allowed inside the House.
- No political or religious gatherings will be permitted at the residence without the consent of the AtNest local residence management.
- ATNEST and the ATNEST Representatives reserve the right to make spot checks on the Houses and rooms without having to give prior notice to the residents.
- ATNEST will not be responsible for any packages/parcels received at the House. Housemates are requested to coordinate & collect their parcels as soon as it reaches the Houses of delivery boy.
- Electricians, contractors, or any other service person may enter rooms as and when necessary in the course of their duty under the supervision of the ATNEST Representatives. ATNEST Representative shall ensure that all such activity is done in a manner that respects the privacy and dignity of the residents.
- In case of emergencies, ATNEST Representatives can shift residents to other rooms or premises.
- ATNEST team reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the residents informed of any changes in the form of notices.
- Any loss or damage to the said consumables or common area amenities shall be borne by the resident responsible for such loss or damage.
Care of the Building, Common Areas, and Rooms :
- Vandalism is a serious offence. Vandalism shall mean and include any and all acts of destruction, damage, and/or defacement of any asset or property owned by AtNest. The residents found guilty of committing such an offence can be evicted from the hostel and be required to pay all costs incurred by AtNest due to such damage or destruction.
- The residents are responsible for keeping their rooms, bathrooms, and common areas in the premises such as reception, staircase, lounge areas, etc. clean and tidy at all times.
- Any items of common use (e.g. microwave, iron, kettle, induction top, magazines, crockery, common TV units) provided by AtNest as part of the amenities package, shall be used only in the common areas and not in individual rooms.
- No furniture or furnishings in the common areas of the House may be moved by the residents at any point in time.
- Any damage to the House must be reported by the residents immediately to the AtNest Representatives. The residents will be liable to pay for the expenses or costs to the property arising from use/misuse of the same by the resident, except for damages caused by normal wear and tear.
- The residents are expected to use the lifts with care, and movement of any heavy equipment using the lifts will require prior permission of the AtNest management team.
- The residents may paste posters in the rooms assigned to them, but they should ensure that any such pasting does not cause any damage to the rooms or to any other parts of the property.
- All food kept in the room/ common area/ pantry must be stored in suitable containers or wrapped tightly to prevent insects or rodents from accessing it. Stale, unfinished or waste food must be immediately thrown in the dustbins provided in the pantry.
- The residents must keep the keys of their rooms and almirah safe. In case of loss they will have to bear the cost of replacement of keys. The locks for the almirah and the main door are not allowed to be changed, without informing the AtNest Representatives.
Smoking, Drugs & Alcohol
- Distribution and consumption of tobacco and alcohol is strictly prohibited within the AtNest properties. Further, possession, distribution and consumption of drugs and/or psychotropic substances are strictly prohibited on its Properties.
- If deemed necessary, AtNest may require any resident to undertake a breath-analyser test.
Betting and Gambling
Betting and Gambling by any means is strictly prohibited in the House.
Conduct & Behaviour
- Ragging in any form whatsoever is strictly prohibited and is a cognizable offense under the Indian Penal Code, 1860. All instances of ragging brought to the notice of AtNest Representatives will be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- It is the responsibility of the residents to cooperate with the AtNest Representatives, the night warden, the food providers, the housekeeping, and the security staff to ensure that all services are provided smoothly. The AtNest representative is the authority to decide on all matters. It is expected that the residents must listen to AtNest Representatives and not get into any kind of argument. If there is any concern and the residents are not satisfied with the resolution provided by AtNest Representative; the residents may email his/her concerns to customer care or submit a request through Resident App under the complaints and suggestions tab or follow the following escalation matrix:
∎ Cluster Manager
∎ City Operations Manager
In case of any emergency or crisis, the residents must follow the guidelines of AtNest Representatives / Security Officers / Nodal officers strictly.
- Any resident or a group of residents who wish to organize a party and/or invite guests, must take prior permission of the AtNest Representatives and it will be the responsibility of the residents to ensure that the premises are cleaned up after the party.
- AtNest treats all its employees and service providers including housekeeping, security and food vendors with dignity and respect. It is expected that the residents also uphold this principle in their dealings with all AtNest employees, representatives and service providers.
- The residents must always behave in accordance with the AtNest Anti-Harassment Policy and shall not harass any persons. Further, all residents must respect the personal beliefs of other residents, such that no resident hurts any religious sentiments, beliefs, or practices in any way whatsoever.
- Making loud noises, including playing loud music between 9.30 PM to 6.00 AM is strictly prohibited.
- The residents should not behave in any manner which is deemed to be offensive by the neighbours or by the society either in the premises or in the neighbouring areas surrounding the premises.
- The resident shall cooperate with AtNest Representative for getting his police verification, FRRO compliance and any other compliance as required by AtNest done timely.
- Cooking of food in any area except the pantry room is strictly prohibited.
- Personal food items can be stored in common refrigerators. The residents should adequately label their food items. AtNest will not be liable for consumption of personal food items by the other residents.
- The residents should ensure that the pantry area is clean after their use. All the dirty dishes should be placed in the sink, and any leftover and/or garbage must be thrown in the appropriate dustbins. The residents will be liable for damage to common utensils.
- If food is ordered from outside by the residents, then all leftovers and packaging materials should be disposed of in appropriate dustbins.
- Unless permission is given to take meals into their individual rooms, the residents shall consume all food items only in the designated cafeteria area. Taking cutlery and utensils to the room (including plates) is not allowed.
- For every meal, the resident is required to punch their attendance in the designated biometric reader or any way as communicated by AtNest to mark the food attendance before taking the food.
- Select dishes will be served in limited grammages or quantities.
Water & Electricity Consumption
- Water should be used judiciously. The residents should report any water leakages to the security/building manager as soon as the same is noticed.
- Prepaid electricity meters, wherever applicable, have been installed in each room by AtNest. These need to be recharged by an amount that is to be shared by all the residents of the room. It is expected that if one roommate is not present for a certain number of days while the other roommate continues to reside in the room, the electricity expense for the room will continue to be shared equally between the roommates, until mutually decided otherwise between the room-mates based on their common understanding. The amounts payable will remain payable for the room, irrespective of the number of persons occupying the room. Any disputes between roommates related to billing or splitting electricity bills should be resolved amongst them and AtNest shall not interfere in such disputes.
Security & Safety
- .The residents shall not leave the gates open while leaving the premises during Night Hours. The resident will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property of AtNest or fellow Stanzens due to such negligence (Night Hours may vary from property to property. The residents shall check the Notice Board for the same).
- AtNest is not responsible for the loss of any private property. The residents are strongly advised to keep secure and lock all their valuables e.g. mobile phones, laptop, watches, money, etc. at all times. While going on leave, they must keep all their belongings securely packed and locked in their labeled bags and cupboards.
- Building repairs and maintenance is a continuous and planned affair and AtNest reserves the right to open and enter any room while the student is on leave to carry out such maintenance work. The same would be carried out in presence of the Security / AtNest representatives.
- AtNest would not entertain any such claims for any loose or unsecured belongings of the resident.
- Possession, distribution and use of firearms, lethal weapons (including air gun), contraband drugs, toxic and hazardous material are strictly prohibited in the residences. We reserve the right to search bags of the residents as well as their visitors at any time and confiscate any prohibited substances that may be found in their luggage or in their possession.
- In case of any emergency, please contact the AtNest security team or the AtNest helpline. Important contact numbers will be provided to all residents at the time of move-in.
- Tampering with any security or fire-fighting equipment is strictly prohibited. The resident responsible for such actions will be held responsible for the cost of restoring the damaged equipment.
- In case of any emergencies in the building, all the residents should be patient and cooperate with the AtNest Representatives.
- AtNest reserves its right to handover its property to the Government Authorities in case there is any notice/order/directions from the District Administration or State Government to acquire its property during an emergency. The rooms occupied by the residents may be vacated and their belongings may be shifted in their absence for necessary compliance with such Government Order.
Security & Safety
- Cleaning of the room may be carried out in the absence of resident as well, so the residents are advised not to leave their valuables open and unsecured in their room. The residents must ensure their valuables are always safely placed in storage and rooms are always kept locked.
- In case the residents are not available at the time of housekeeping, the room can be cleaned at a later time on request depending on the availability of the housekeeping staff in the residence.
- Littering the room and common spaces is not allowed.
- The residents are expected to co-operate in the periodic (quarterly) pest control /fumigation / preventive maintenance activity.
- Please note the services of the housekeeping staff can’t be utilized for any personal work. For example: no personal utensils will be washed by the housekeeping staff.
- . Laundry services are meant for regular daily wear only. For hygiene considerations, no underclothing or socks will be accepted for Laundry.
The following items should not be given in general laundry service, as they can get damaged:
∎ Any delicate or expensive branded clothing.
∎ Woollens, jackets, leather items, embroidered clothing.
∎ Items strictly meant for dry cleaning.
It is important to provide correct information about the number of pieces of clothing being given for the laundry service.
Any discrepancy or damages in laundered garments need to be informed within 6 hours of receiving the clothing.
As per industry standards, 100% stain-removal is not possible for certain types of stains. For e.g. if there is an Oil / Ink / Food stain on clothing, it will get reduced by up to 60% depending on the type of stain.
- Bandwidth speed will depend on the service provider and the House location. Speed will be limited per user and may be changed as per company policy.
- Devices per user: Houses may have a restriction on the maximum number of devices per user. One user can access the internet on a limited number of devices at a time (the limit of devices may vary from property to property).
- AtNest shall try to give a fair internet experience to everyone for which AtNest may continuously monitor internet usage by the residents. A Fair Use Policy i.e.to ensures that every resident uses data in moderation with respect to fellow residents (given in Gigabytes (GB) of data) will apply on all internet services.
- Browsing access: The residents are not allowed to –
∎ Access pornography
∎ Create and maintain fake accounts
∎ Download and view pirated content
∎ Faking IP
∎ Piggybacking: Using someone else’s credentials
Usage of Electrical Appliances
- Usage of appliances like heaters, coils, iron boxes or any other heating / cooking electrical gadget is strictly prohibited inside the room unless the room has prepaid electricity meters.
- Residents found cooking inside a room using electric cookers, coffee makers, roti makers, heaters or any combustible material, will be considered a serious violation leading to a penalty.
- While leaving the room premises, residents to ensure that they switch off all lights, fans, electrical appliances including ACs, heaters, geysers, mosquito-repellant machines etc.
- In case of power being run on DG backup, usage of electrical items especially ACs, geysers, washing machines, elevators will be restricted. Management can also take the liberty of revoking the electricity access of these temporarily to conserve power backup.
- The right containers /bowls should be placed inside a microwave to avoid a hazardous situation. In case of doubt, please connect with your Residence captain/Housekeeping staff for assistance.
- Residents should refrain from overloading the washing machines, ensuring that clothes are unloaded immediately after usage. In case clothes are found lying unclaimed, AtNest staff will not be held responsible if misplaced.
- Residents to avoid stocking up the fridge unnecessarily. The housekeeping staff will get rid of any leftovers found in the refrigerator
- The residents shall intimate the AtNest representatives immediately if any critical or transferable illness is detected to prevent the other residents from getting infected.
- The residents shall not consume any medication except which is prescribed by a registered medical practitioner.
Photography & Filming
- The common areas in Houses are under CCTV Surveillance for safety and security of the residents, residents are advised to maintain decorum in common areas and not to obstruct the view of CCTV by any means.
- Photography and filming shall be allowed but residents shall maintain the privacy of other residents.
- The residents shall inform the Residence Captain / AtNest Representative (if available) before dialing Police Emergency Numbers i.e. ‘100’ in case of any emergency.
- The residents shall immediately inform the AtNest Representative of any engagements or encounters with the Police in order to avoid surprise visits by Police Authorities at the House.
- All visitors must register at the reception area of the residence and provide all details and documents as requested by the AtNest Security team before entering the residence. For single gender properties, siblings and friends of the same gender will be allowed to meet with the resident at the reception area at any time other than the Night Hours.
- For single gender properties, visitors only from the same gender may enter the resident’s room with the consent of the resident’s roommate. If the roommate has any objection, the visitor will be allowed only in the common areas. Visitors of the opposite gender will be allowed only till the reception area. For co-ed properties, siblings and friends of an opposite gender may be allowed to enter the resident’s room.
- If guests of a resident intend to spend a night or multiple nights on the premises, then due permission for the same must be sought from the AtNest team in advance. Only female guests are allowed in female-only residences and only male guests are allowed in male-only residences. Guests of opposite sex are allowed in co-ed residences. The permission for the same is subject to availability. Charges for the stay and other expenses will be invoiced to the resident. For details regarding the duration of stay, amenities provided, associated charges, etc., the Residence Captain can be contacted.
- The AtNest Representatives will not entertain visitors of the residents in the event the resident is absent.
- The resident will be wholly responsible and financially liable for all actions of the resident’s visitor.
- The local residence management reserves the right to place restrictions on the access of visitors in the event that utility consumption increases dramatically, a visitor’s behaviour is inappropriate, or the people-carrying capacity of the building is compromised in any way.
Rent and Payments
- The resident shall pay all fees and charges timely and, in the manner, prescribed as per their Resident Agreement.
- Any disputes related to rent should be flagged to the customer experience team, as per the process laid out, and such requests will be actioned upon basis the timelines mentioned by AtNest. However, any pending disputes in rent should not be a reason for not making timely payments.
- In case of continuous default of payments, AtNest reserves the right for immediate termination of Agreement and evicting the defaulter resident
- The residents may not be allowed to go on leaves or refuse to leave the premises with their belongings in case of pending rental payments until the same gets resolved and all the dues are cleared.
- AtNest customer experience team will conduct feedback sessions on a regular basis. All the residents are asked to participate in the sessions actively so as to ensure the best delivery of services. From our perspective, any complaints, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome.
- The residents are required to share feedback/submit queries/raise complaints on the Resident App under the ‘Complaints and Suggestions section’.
- The residents should only submit genuine complaints ‘Complaints and Suggestions section’ in the Resident App.
- Defaming (Oral or Written communication of a false statement about another that unjustly harms their reputation and usually constitutes a tort or crime) any person including fellow Stanzens and AtNest staff or influencing fellow Stanzens for defaming any person or AtNest by any means (i.e. directly , indirectly or on social media) is strictly prohibited. This may attract serious consequences including termination of the agreement and legal action.